Established in 1979, the key objectives of the Singapore Reinsurers’ Association (SRA) are:
- to represent members in matters affecting their business interests;
- to facilitate dialogue and encourage healthy market competition;
- to promote professional excellence through education and training;
- to foster strong social bonds within the industry and beyond; and
- to advance the reinsurance industry in Singapore and its diverse career opportunities
The SRA is managed by an elected Executive Committee, which comprises senior reinsurance practitioners who dedicate their time on a strictly voluntary basis, supported by a full-time Executive Director and Secretariat team.
As of 15 July 2020, the SRA has a total membership of 55, comprising 30 Ordinary, 20 Associate, 3 Affiliate and 2 Honorary members. All major non-life reinsurance companies with a presence in Singapore, as well as some direct insurance companies that write a substantial reinsurance portfolio are Ordinary members of the SRA. In addition, several major reinsurance broking firms as well as some regional reinsurers are Associate members.